“I am thou, Thou art I.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Velvet Room
The Persona of Lavenza is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its aversion to nipples, irreverence towards religion, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-working population of 5.607 billion Phantom Thieves have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 31.0%.
The distorted economy, worth 247 trillion yen a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is 44,173 yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure, governments opposing Lavenza are beset by rebels, bars are packed at all hours, and farm turkeys are given high doses of antidepressants to take their minds off the holiday season. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lavenza's national animal is the shadow, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lavenza was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Lavenza's influence in The Velvet Room rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Lavenza updated the World Factbook entry in The Velvet Room.
- : Lavenza password-protected The Velvet Room.
- : Lavenza banned The Matriarchy of Gypsy Lands from The Velvet Room.
- : Following new legislation in Lavenza, farm turkeys are given high doses of antidepressants to take their minds off the holiday season.
- : Following new legislation in Lavenza, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Lavenza, governments opposing Lavenza are beset by rebels.
- : Following new legislation in Lavenza, nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure.
- : Following new legislation in Lavenza, police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom.