“Steadfast in Loyalty” Grand Duke Tybalt
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: The East Pacific
|Leader||Grand Duke Tybalt|
The Grand Duchy of Lazadian is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Tybalt with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.489 billion Lazadians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Talvaki. The average income tax rate is 44.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lazadian economy, worth 209 trillion Deniers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,802 Deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Days begin with afternoon tea, Lazadian tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode, creating cardboard imitations of missiles is a new top-secret military project, and the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lazadian's national animal is the Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lazadian was endorsed by The Reaving Skallywag of Commodore Badger.
- : Lazadian's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lazadian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Lazadian, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Lazadian, creating cardboard imitations of missiles is a new top-secret military project.
- : Following new legislation in Lazadian, Lazadian tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode.
- : Lazadian was endorsed by The Banana Republic of Stanisiti.
- : Lazadian was endorsed by The RP Moderator called Dylan of Staynes.
- : Lazadian was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Sericena.
- : Following new legislation in Lazadian, days begin with afternoon tea.
Endorsements Received: 33 » VW53Aland, Fedele, H-Zhena, Funkadelia, Roissyland, Wiranath, Socialist Holy American Empire, Hizuru, Pakitsk, BearStackof2015, Joundia, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Bachtendekuppen, Martonica, The Angel of Charity, Shavara, Kampf Empire, Libertanny, Aelitia, Axdel, Marrico, Todd McCloud, Escade, Janoobi Jazair, Euricanis, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Davelands, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, and Commodore Badger.