“Pride and Industry”
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: Artificial Solar System
The Republic of Leo Valdez XVI is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 405 million Leo Valdez XVIians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.5%.
The strong Leo Valdez XVIian economy, worth 15.6 trillion rupees a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 38,454 rupees, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 247,841 per year while the poor average 2,410, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Organ donation is compulsory, Harry Potter books are banned, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Leo Valdez XVI's national animal is the beaver, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leo Valdez XVI was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Leo Valdez XVI was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme and the Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- : Leo Valdez XVI altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Leo Valdez XVI, pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects.
- : Following new legislation in Leo Valdez XVI, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Leo Valdez XVI, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Leo Valdez XVI, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Leo Valdez XVI was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Leo Valdez XVI resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Leo Valdez XVI's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".