“Freedom and Prosperity for everyone” Finrod Felagund
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Federal Republic of Lesinteil is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Finrod Felagund with a fair hand, and notable for its digital currency, keen interest in outer space, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic population of 802 million Lesinteilians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Indrawel. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lesinteil economy, worth 81.2 trillion Letaras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 101,269 Letaras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Finrod Felagund is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government, bars are packed at all hours, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and politicians who misplace decimal points on expense reports are fired for gross incompetence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lesinteil's national animal is the Koala Beer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, politicians who misplace decimal points on expense reports are fired for gross incompetence.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, Finrod Felagund is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Lesinteilians.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, the comic book series 'Finrod Felagund and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, government buildings are being cleansed of anything that might have racist connotations.
- : Following new legislation in Lesinteil, centuries-old marble buildings are being torn down and replaced with corrugated steel wind tunnels.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Erinor, Quiescent, Wehraboos, Saciu, Barabarom, Xandev, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Academy of Umbrellas, Hanguk-Nippon, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Luddinlande, Aumeltopia, Dasko, Anachronolandia, Ostanasia, Churumduul, Vincent Field, Mew Nation, Agalaesia, The Filippinas, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Great Africans, Qvait, Beepee, Qawe, Rebel-topia, P R of China, United Federated States of Omega, The West Valley Mountains, Sayet, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Zaelith, The Sk8ing Unicorn, Aurcania, Upper Tyrconnel, Jehenna, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, New Briantown, Sedunn, Solega, and 14 others.Kiasu-ism, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, The United Expanse, Theorin, Bear Connors Paradiso, Ratoninburg, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Empa Aserium, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, World United, Skeldonya, and Mapico.