“Faciam eos in gentem unum.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Liberum Hibernia is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 325 million Hibernians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dubhlinn. The average income tax rate is 74.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Hibernian economy, worth 16.8 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. Average income is 51,766 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Leader's questionably sane new coalition partners, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Liberum Hibernia's national animal is the Gizka, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Leader's questionably sane new coalition partners.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, parents often leave their kids in the car while they attend mindfulness meditation sessions.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, Max Barry is this year's Miss Liberum Hibernia.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Liberum Hibernia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Liberum Hibernia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
Endorsements Received: 174 » Venicea, Koda-Land, Ellbonnia, Shibutani, Territorio di Nessuno, Orado, Alorca, Aerilia, Lol2639, Zzozona, Dangine, Figyjharli, Illusia and Neverendia, Bharathvarsh, Svenskskit, Xagill, Lulubellia, Hamerica, Former English Colony, Yaorozu, Empy, Sil Dorsett, Aeolist, Frances Francis the First of France, The Rhein States, McMasterdonia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Loutsland, Ethnon, Steampunk Ariel, El Fiji Grande, Francois Isidore, Guer Aike, Wilkshire, Zemnaya Svoboda, Corfad, Xentherida, Kranostav, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, Veritynista, Omnistria, Bankowiata, Yokciq Empire, Notyoutopia, Sikol, Republica Guilleana, The Pantheons, Kragsgale, Rising Sakura, and 124 others.Aryan Homeland, Hardscrabble, New Lakemba, Italy and Malta, Dar es Saalam, Yellops, Xyrron, New Celoveniortan, Interdimensional Zone, Viridiann, Siwale, Cretox State, Travislavania, Climeria, Tringapore, Mon Island, Hepek, Siforpeo, Votak Matim, Pasargad, Sundred, Selfgradatude, Federal Republic of Genosha, Super Girl, Ravendi, Clan Spaniel, BTProductions, North Bratislava, Valentine Z, Imperial Pieserged, The Tampa Bay Rays, Wineclaw, Planes, Kazoo Basin, Chukstik Illahi, Aidiarnia, Centrialand, Anungu, ForestMythal, Brujstan, Expere Fiyans, BohemiaIV, East Supple Lund, Azzarel, Colonies of Free Temeria, Amadora Oeste, Duryanistan, Canineia, Cornwallis Bay, Cartures, Esplandia, Detrivania, C0RONA, Deseret-Moronia, Brsil, Darkmondoria, Chiho, A Salmon Named Harold, Brandenburg-Ansbach, Dicko, French Bananastan, Religioncord, Tyirza, Antigona, Colfes, Tsandonown, Strongwill, Libertania Democratica, Defense For The World Assembly, Britle, Pallaith, Brucklania, Wapistan, Seanat, Sunto, Capablanca, Shadowrik, Free States of Marina, Atlunartemis, Ootasa, Runeda, East Akra, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Greater Ale Permars, Perikuresu, Ariele, Folenz, Gafflebag, Fraystonia, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Simone Republic, Kastonvia, Madjack, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Joodey, Andanavia, Nikhilesh23, Sopernia, Mitropola, Jaxikistan, Kinitopia, Bearical, Nova Arcania, Drueste, Fizban, Unshleepd, Muqatil, WeKnow, Lionia, Card Kingdom, Que Lukustinardon, Nation1812, Blyskalia, Sahriastan, The Calabash Protectorate, Outer Shenendoah, Galbadiana, Glurponia, Beta Cyndriel, His Enduring Majesty, and The Blazeland Administration.