“Extremis Malis, Extrema Remedia”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Page
The Armed Republic of Lingord is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate population of 1.352 billion Lingordians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Defense, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lingordian economy, worth 132 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 97,644 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Colonial citizens are forced to sing the praise of the "Great Lingordian Liberator", friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns, troops are either deafened by gunfire or a hysterical voice screaming the Party manifesto, and nations that kill a Lingordian can expect a strongly worded letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lingord's national animal is the Lingordian Breegull, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, nations that kill a Lingordian can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, troops are either deafened by gunfire or a hysterical voice screaming the Party manifesto.
- : Lingord was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, friendly fire incidents usually result in severe burns.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, colonial citizens are forced to sing the praise of the "Great Lingordian Liberator".
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, the aims of top-secret Lingordian science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman.
- : Following new legislation in Lingord, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Treadwellia, Nargorthia, Loftegen 2, Americastrailia, Hycronesia, New Rogernomics, Your Imaginary Friend, The Rin Mang, Denado, Aflana, Custadia, Fluffiness, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, Kan Po, Egyptos, Lake Flotillas, Volac, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, The Utopian Initiative, Ramagiest, Capercom, Leonism, Tiegenhof, Rommanda, Sophisica, Laporter, Altmar, Derthal, Lazarene Ryccia, SunnyPhiladelphia, Wishper, Steel Vagabonds, Ecchi Unlimited, Aguaria Major, Zapatian Workers State, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kakatiya, Turkish-Ottoman, Shangri-La Valley, and Wanga.