“Knowledge is Power”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Free Nations Region
The Kingdom of Literian is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Skydon with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, free-roaming dinosaurs, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working population of 2.285 billion Literians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of D'Amare. The average income tax rate is 90.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Literianian economy, worth 320 trillion Armonds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,219 Armonds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, and even religious militants can be swayed by the power of #love. Crime is totally unknown. Literian's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Literian, even religious militants can be swayed by the power of #love.
- : Literian endorsed The Stratocratic Commonwealth of Costelberg.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Stratocratic Commonwealth of Costelberg.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, the seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire.
- : Following new legislation in Literian, tower block residents are each held responsible for four square inches of front lawn.
- : Literian endorsed The Free Land of Songateri.
- : Literian was endorsed by The Free Land of Songateri.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Grand Abaco, Narvatus, Emaha, OF Arian Hellas, Sparsdan, My Nation, Laidir, Galali, Gufand, Underwater Sovereignties, Tan Talaba, Sulivannia, Rakkene, Kouper, People of Nolan, Ste Franin, Doctors Orvos, Ulymein, Zedyeg, EileanDonan, Roberdian, Syrisia, Moka Pamplemousses, Joergen, The Republic of Awesometopia, Archargentina, BBoss, Ratakosha, Artannia, Linkers Sha, The Free France, Great Sothos, Tiocfadh, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, ZenPenguin, Zuuri, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Santo Andreo, Shaizan, Asianite, Gouverne, Soap tips, Manoresca, Tyuleniy, Obets, Larontia, Novissima Terra, United State of Ancolia, The Pirotian Republic, Freeponia, and 5 others.Gabeopolis, Northern Celtic Regions, Somennia, Europan Union, and Songateri.