“In times of peace, prepare for war”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: The Region That Has No Big Banks
The Republic of Lkandria is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, public floggings, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 585 million Lkandrians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gill City. The average income tax rate is 66.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lkandrian economy, worth 65.3 trillion Slovaks a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 111,599 Slovaks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community, the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers, and politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lkandria's national animal is the Dog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lkandria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, politicians stage photo ops featuring barely functional fighter jets.
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, the government is deliberately installing bloatware onto computers.
- : Lkandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, Dogman-branded weapons are all the rage in the militaristic comic-book community.
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Lkandria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, the government is more interested in identifying problems than fixing them.
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, citizens who leave the nation for work are instantly charged with treason.
- : Following new legislation in Lkandria, members of the government all have oddly similar anecdotes about their childhoods.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Yodle, Sanomycromony, Free State of Belgium, Lucrom, Endille, Chinpa, United Islands of The Sea, The Washington Federation, Tychovo, Fey And Co, Aya Democratic Republic, Partisan Italy, Alvnhiem, Aurynovia, Santu Surgo, SIDDHARISTAN, Redocious, Based Communes, Pifflepoff, Burikat, Ophaesia, Ardeyn, Anzaris, Chivka, New United Common-lands, Liliths Revenge, Danlandea, Lichtenland, Tornnland, Samstiel, and Lotarmy.