“Equality, should not exclude freedom.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Commonwealth of Lomun is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Thomas Wicher with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.722 billion Lomunians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malar. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Lomunian economy, worth 323 trillion kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 118,819 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents, the seats at the back of the parliament are reserved for indigenous ministers, angry citizens complain that there isn't enough geographical diversity on the new banknotes, and Lomunian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lomun's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lomun, Lomunian tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Lomun, angry citizens complain that there isn't enough geographical diversity on the new banknotes.
- : Lomun was endorsed by The Exalted State of Ultior.
- : Lomun was endorsed by The Free State of Befreitland.
- : Following new legislation in Lomun, the seats at the back of the parliament are reserved for indigenous ministers.
- : Lomun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Lomun was endorsed by The Federation of United Tanks.
- : Following new legislation in Lomun, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents.
- : Lomun was endorsed by The Tsardom of The Banasia and Gobaria.
- : Following new legislation in Lomun, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Europaterre, Sorentia, Landarath, Swasal, YoungGunners, Empess Sommes, Nudistonia, The Taklamakan Desert, Grand Termina, AlpacaGardens, North Palm, Cunican, West Xanathananos, Grexia Tay, Zorroa, Constitutional Creativity, Estonia-Livonia, Republic of Restaks, The Somalli Pirates, The Banasia and Gobaria, United Tanks, and Ultior.