“This Space For Rent, Inquire Within”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: Realm of the Whispering Winds
The Matriarchy of Love Lies Bleeding is a massive, pleasant nation, renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.419 billion Love Lies Bleedingians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 23.2%.
The Love Lies Bleedingian economy, worth 179 trillion Candy Hearts a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 40,611 Candy Hearts, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Drug-related crimes carry the death penalty, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Love Lies Bleeding's national animal is the Teddy Bear.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Love Lies Bleeding's influence in Realm of the Whispering Winds rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Love Lies Bleeding was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Love Lies Bleeding was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from Hillbillica, infecting 73 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : Love Lies Bleeding's influence in Realm of the Whispering Winds rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Love Lies Bleeding relocated from Balder to Realm of the Whispering Winds.
- : Love Lies Bleeding was refounded in Balder.
- : Love Lies Bleeding ceased to exist in Realm of the Whispering Winds.
- : Following new legislation in Love Lies Bleeding, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Love Lies Bleeding, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Love Lies Bleeding, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.