“Fear Is Power And Power Is Fear!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: Mercenary Squad
The Federation of Ludani is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its closed borders, ban on automobiles, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 437 million Ludanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of FairHaven. The average income tax rate is 16.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ludanian economy, worth 38.3 trillion Righjestags a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 87,598 Righjestags, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government's fruit business reeks of rotting produce and corruption, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, and companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ludani's national animal is the Federal Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ludani's influence in Mercenary Squad rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Following new legislation in Ludani, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Ludani appointed Ludani as Vice-Delegate with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Mercenary Squad.
- : Ludani appointed The Holy Empire of Jarvis Republic as Security Officer with authority over Border Control in Mercenary Squad.
- : Ludani established the regional flag of Mercenary Squad.
- : Ludani relocated from Mitteleuropa to Mercenary Squad.
- : Ludani founded the region Mercenary Squad.
- : Following new legislation in Ludani, a fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion.
- : Ludani was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Ludani, the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks.