“But I have my Homeland”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Contender
Location: The Confederacy of Free Nations
|Leader||King Geraint IV|
The Kingdom of Ludania is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by King Geraint IV with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 17.845 billion Ludanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glanbrenin. The average income tax rate is 43.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ludanian economy, worth a remarkable 5,850 trillion Corons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 327,870 Corons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
A degree of self-hatred is vital for a future in politics, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, space has been brought down to earth with constellations of cancer cases across Ludania, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ludania's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ludania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Ludania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Ludania, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Ludania, space has been brought down to earth with constellations of cancer cases across Ludania.
- : Ludania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Ludania, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Ludania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Ludania lodged a message on the The Confederacy of Free Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Ludania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Ludania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.