“SCIENCE is the only religion that makes any sense” Lugard Melton
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Empire of Lugmeltistan is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Lugard Melton with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.21 billion Lugmeltistanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lugmelt City. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Lugmeltistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,030 trillion Ardonics a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 142,977 Ardonics, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home, and the Violetist community celebrates bombshells being dropped on Lugmeltistan. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lugmeltistan's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, the Violetist community celebrates bombshells being dropped on Lugmeltistan.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Lugmeltistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Lugmeltistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Lugmeltistan published "Who is Adrianic Ravenheart? - by *error* „˙øÒ¨©å®∂Â´¬†ø˜‰´å¬¬¥ˆß *error*" (Bulletin: News).
Endorsements Received: 13 » New Rogernomics, Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Denado, Turkish-Ottoman, Kan Po, Haleai, NoDrugCrimeTown, Erlyia, Wanga, Shangri-La Valley, Your Imaginary Friend, and Leonism.