“SCIENCE is the only religion that makes any sense” Lugard Melton
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Empire of Lugmeltistan is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lugard Melton with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.79 billion Lugmeltistanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lugmelt City. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Lugmeltistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,326 trillion Ardonics a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 150,956 Ardonics, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts", flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, and high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lugmeltistan's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lugmeltistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Lugmeltistan was endorsed by The Automatic Autocracy of Honeydewistania.
- : Lugmeltistan was endorsed by The Republic of Sutnailag.
- : Lugmeltistan lost the endorsement of The Khanate Did Nothing Wrong of Killer Kitty.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts".
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Lugmeltistan, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
Endorsements Received: 48 » New Rogernomics, Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Denado, NoDrugCrimeTown, Lazarene Ryccia, Custadia, Guiness Freaks, Burning Pants, Caybow, Arkanik, Snoodum, Rommanda, Axixic, Steel Vagabonds, Xracona, Bobs raider puppet, Roboponainia, The Salvation States, Cossack Peoples, Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Aigania, Aegis-5, Surd, Thetraxia, Perchan, Nargorthia, The New California Republic, Auralon, Aaecilia, Darcaethir, Northern Rosary Isles, Leonism, Issrak-om, Grand Place, Pama Freeza, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Capercom, Inceptio, Courlany, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Mzeusia, Aguaria Major, Domais, Debussy, and Honeydewistania.