“Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
|Leader||Lord Protectorate Andrew Kingston|
The Empire of Luxictiva Welvenezteland is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Lord Protectorate Andrew Kingston with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate population of 944 million Luxictiva Welveneztelandians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperium. The average income tax rate is 84.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Luxictiva Welveneztelandian economy, worth 128 trillion Marcs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 136,245 Marcs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's often raining men (hallelujah) in Imperium, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, anti-government web sites are springing up, and soldiers are equipped with multi-million Marc battlesuits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Luxictiva Welvenezteland's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, soldiers are equipped with multi-million Marc battlesuits.
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, it's often raining men (hallelujah) in Imperium.
- : Luxictiva Welvenezteland was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Luxictiva Welvenezteland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office.
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, three-year-olds have tantrums because they don't want to be drainage technicians when they grow up.
- : Following new legislation in Luxictiva Welvenezteland, the 'sing-a-long with Lord Protectorate Andrew Kingston' album is a popular souvenir.
- : Luxictiva Welvenezteland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Aumeltopia, Quiescent, Saciu, Mew Nation, Beepee, Erinor, Qawe, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Wyatonians, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Dasko, Caer Krasinet, Volaworand, Aurcania, Negoshi, World United, Farengeto, Barabarom, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Hanguk-Nippon, P R of China, Zaelith, United Federated States of Omega, Qvait, Westoc Kinness, Ariankido, Jennaterra, Pays de Loire, Luddinlande, BootJack, Ave Gloriana, Elveka, Xandev, Anachronolandia, Freedoom, Jehenna, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, UnShleepd, Upper Tyrconnel, New Briantown, Churumduul, and Sedunn.