|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Dictatorship of Macunaima is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 280 million Macunaimen are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antropofacity. The average income tax rate is 59.5%.
The Macunaiman economy, worth 12.8 trillion Mangaluses a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 45,862 Mangaluses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Minority children find the right answer in school tests is always the most insulting one, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile, and thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Macunaima's national animal is the toucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Macunaima's influence in RIUVV rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Macunaima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Macunaima voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Macunaima voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Macunaima, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks.
- : Following new legislation in Macunaima, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile.
- : Following new legislation in Macunaima, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police.
- : Following new legislation in Macunaima, minority children find the right answer in school tests is always the most insulting one.
- : Following new legislation in Macunaima, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Macunaima changed its national capital to "Antropofacity".
Endorsements Received: None.