“In Computers We Trust”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Sprat
|Leader||The Transitional Government|
|Animal||German Shepherd Dog|
The United Computer States of Macworld is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Transitional Government with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.853 billion Macicans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lincoln AD. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Macican economy, worth a remarkable 4,928 trillion Macworld Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 292,463 Macworld Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 870,882 per year while the poor average 76,955, a ratio of 11.3 to 1.
Tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, and a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Macworld's national animal is the German Shepherd Dog, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mixed.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Macworld was endorsed by The People's Republic of Owans.
- : Macworld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Macworld was endorsed by The Pernicious Plutocracy of Honeydewistania.
- : Macworld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Macworld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Macworld was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Macworld, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in Macworld, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Macworld, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
- : Following new legislation in Macworld, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Custadia, Loftegen 3, Domais, The Sigometh Dynasty, Inceptio, New Rogernomics, Treadwellia, Aguaria Major, Capercom, Killer Kitty, Surd, Lazarene Ryccia, Caybow, Debussy, Honeydewistania, and Owans.