“Love, Learn, Live”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The Protectorate of Maerist is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 604 million Maeristians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ellison. The average income tax rate is 64.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Maeristian economy, worth 63.7 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 105,505 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government defends a woman's right to choose, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, the only things Maeristians vote on are cutest dolphin competitions, and tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Maerist's national animal is the dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maerist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, the only things Maeristians vote on are cutest dolphin competitions.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Maerist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Maerist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Maerist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, the government defends a woman's right to choose.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, it's best not to ask what goes into Ellison Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, elections have recently been reintroduced to Maerist.
Endorsements Received: 118 » Qvait, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Tsunamy, Hanguk-Nippon, Holy Free, Jehenna, Barabarom, The Filippinas, Luddinlande, Nova Montron, Kervanosia, The Solar System Scope, Erinor, Bear Connors Paradiso, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sthalrim, Tsvetania, Curlyhoward, Techganet, Mapico, Bawkie, Farengeto, Si-topia, Nowa Europa, Utondara, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Rabbitz, Kringalia, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Madreia, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Anserisa, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Centristvill, Japanese Federal Republic, GI-Land, Beepee, Seliyan progressive Islands, Noire Denholm, Linguiniland, Kholdan, Blahblah2017, Marinho Islands, Compli, West Pastafaria, Starsight, and 68 others.Dis7Nation, Baltenlands, The Worst army of, Shefino, Kandorith, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, The Radanivans, ChickenDome, Chinter Tho, West Fallows, Well F, Tepertopia, The Drakan Republic, Great Novania, Ancient Slobovia, The United Expanse, Our Lord and Savior Ting, United States of Vietnam, Official State of Landland, Djalia, New Briantown, Yeldarbsland, Vincent Field, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Kiasu-ism, Nookington, Kedjens, The Tecorogan Federation, The Two Jerseys, Unielvan Millorvium, Great Andora, Theorin, Midand, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Concrete Slab, Whimichy, Andinla, Center Lisle, Privatore, Eskvenn, Gonrati, Catillos, RestartAll, B H A R A T, Alfama, Purple Hyacinth, United Great Holy Empire, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Namhines, Coadjuthen, Gecetesse, Soem, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Eirun Sol, Terreno Travato, Ebonhand, Jazzfrezia, Drystar, Oreo States, Merevane, Phanama, and Philippinia.