“We stand forever”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: the South Pacific
The United Socialist States of Malkotistan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Peter Obrenovic with an even hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The compassionate population of 1.344 billion Malkotistanis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laktavia. The average income tax rate is 79.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Malkotistani economy, worth 104 trillion Malkovs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 77,496 Malkovs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Being dead no longer has any benefits, the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets, Malkotistanis refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns, and candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malkotistan's national animal is the Vulture, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, candidates for public office painstakingly research their family trees to ensure their eligibility.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, Malkotistanis refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, being dead no longer has any benefits.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, telling someone to 'break a leg' is considered a criminal inducement to self harm.
- : Malkotistan endorsed The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Malkotistan endorsed The Kingdom of Astraee.
- : Malkotistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Malkotistan was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Malkotistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Erinor, Volaworand, Luddinlande, Saciu, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Awjan, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Jaxon, Jehenna, Xandev, Barabarom, The Solar System Scope, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Academy of Umbrellas, Jahass, Akindom, Ostanasia, Farengeto, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Tsunamy, Hanguk-Nippon, Aveerya, Tsvetania, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, Qvait, Beepee, Rebel-topia, Ariankido, Ketathinamiri Islands, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, New Briantown, Sedunn, Upper Tyrconnel, Omiri, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, and 10 others.Empa Aserium, Mapico, Gecetesse, World United, Abarri, Paranoia, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Astraee, and Direwolf1.