“So I can type whatever I want here?”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The Joint Systems Alliance
The HAVEN't they learnt their lesson about trusting this circling shark of Mallorea and Riva is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Zakath with an iron fist, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, public floggings, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 20.402 billion Mallorea and Rivans enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mal Zeth. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Mallorea and Rivan economy, worth a remarkable 4,505 trillion marks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 220,845 marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 729,008 per year while the poor average 50,053, a ratio of 14.6 to 1.
Zakath signs the laws but abides by none of them, Mallorea and Rivan police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests, disputed territories across The Joint Systems Alliance are being claimed by Mallorea and Rivan college students, and takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mallorea and Riva's national animal is the narwhal, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mallorea and Riva applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Mallorea and Riva, takeaway food bought on the weekend now comes with fifty percent more sweat and tears.
- : Mallorea and Riva's influence in The Joint Systems Alliance rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Superpower".
- : Mallorea and Riva was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Mallorea and Riva changed its national nation type to "Testing".
- : Mallorea and Riva lodged a message on the The Joint Systems Alliance Regional Message Board.
- : Mallorea and Riva's influence in The Joint Systems Alliance rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Mallorea and Riva updated the World Factbook entry in The Joint Systems Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in Mallorea and Riva, disputed territories across The Joint Systems Alliance are being claimed by Mallorea and Rivan college students.
- : Following new legislation in Mallorea and Riva, Mallorea and Rivan police have to pay out of their own pockets for bulletproof vests.