“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Malstatia is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 2.94 billion Malstatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 50.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Malstatian economy, worth 398 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 135,510 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Journalists giggle uncontrollably while reporting the nation's drug bonfires, executions are marked by quiet dignity and maybe a final round or two of whist, parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling, and the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malstatia's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malstatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Malstatia was endorsed by The Free Republic of Aflana.
- : Malstatia was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : Malstatia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Malstatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Malstatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Malstatia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
- : Malstatia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : Malstatia endorsed The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Following new legislation in Malstatia, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Treadwellia, Denado, New Rogernomics, Aguaria Major, Snoodum, NoDrugCrimeTown, Mainze, Loftegen 2, Kan Po, Ireland Isles, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kakatiya, Hycronesia, Yocat, Shangri-La Valley, Your Imaginary Friend, and Aflana.