“NOT THE FACE!!” Mandex the Great
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Sprat
|Leader||Mandex the Great|
The Oppressed Peoples of Mandexia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Mandex the Great with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 8.137 billion Mandexians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mandexia. The average income tax rate is 45.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mandexian economy, worth 678 trillion stones a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 83,409 stones, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Busy commuters no longer hear the cries of "I want some more!" on the nation's streets, centuries-old legal documents detailing agnatic-cognatic gavelkind succession are being dusted off again, panels from bankrupt rooftop solar companies are used as props for sci-fi B-movies, and almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mandexia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mandexia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Mandexia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of Numeracy.
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Dieboldsheim.
- : Mandexia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Mandexia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Ubu-Rex.
- : Mandexia's influence in NationStates rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Republic of Kyupaa.
- : Mandexia was endorsed by The Community of Cenotaph.