“From Many, One”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
Location: Hsiao Han
The Queendom of Marceaux is a colossal, orderly nation, notable for its stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 5.538 billion Marceauxians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 34.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Marceauxian economy, worth 116 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 21,008 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marceaux's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marceaux's influence in Hsiao Han fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Marceaux's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Marceaux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Marceaux was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Marceaux's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Marceaux's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Marceaux's influence in Hsiao Han rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Marceaux relocated from Balder to Hsiao Han.
- : Marceaux was refounded in Balder.
- : Marceaux ceased to exist in Hsiao Han.