“For King, For Country, For Law”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
|Faith||Church of Marie Byrd|
|Currency||Grant Island Pound|
The United Kingdom of Marie Byrd is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by King Terrance with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, enslaved workforce, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.635 billion Marie Byrdians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Deheubarth. The average income tax rate is 60.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Marie Byrdian economy, worth 577 trillion Grant Island Pounds a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,962 Grant Island Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
9 out of 10 consumers think that vitamins can cure cancer, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist, garishly-decorated government buildings are being hailed as the height of 'religious nouveau', and there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marie Byrd's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Church of Marie Byrd.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marie Byrd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Following new legislation in Marie Byrd, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees.
- : Marie Byrd endorsed The Riverside Van of Lemonadia.
- : Following new legislation in Marie Byrd, garishly-decorated government buildings are being hailed as the height of 'religious nouveau'.
- : Following new legislation in Marie Byrd, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Marie Byrd, 9 out of 10 consumers think that vitamins can cure cancer.
- : Marie Byrd changed its national motto to "For King, For Country, For Law".
- : Marie Byrd changed its national motto to "Pro rege, pro patria, pro lege For King, For Country, F".
- : Following new legislation in Marie Byrd, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Marie Byrd, Marie Byrdian novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about King Terrance.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Andusre, Titanne, Rayekka, Islonia, Fishergate, Indian Genius, The Greater Ohio Valley, Izan770, Shoila, Rhyssua, Teonage, Soniseon, Giant Redwoods, The Bigtopia, Boreia, Uppenja, Faelauntz, Brapallia, Celdoria, Marvinville, Ermica, United Faith Kingdom, World Trade, ASEAN Nations, Flandronia, Korsinia, Zermanny, Wolventoft, Pap Sculgief, Belsiaria, Besancia, Zon island, Rushenberg, Hulldom, Taralania, Dizgovzy, Le Caldreaux, Unedongo, The Islamic Country of Honour, North Hinterlund, Freytoria, Zanaana, The Peoples Caribbean Union, Taungu, Emmadia, Castarilia, The Marconian State, and Lemonadia.