“I think I might have some idea of what I'm doing”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Free Land of Massacia is a huge, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 825 million Massacians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Massacian economy, worth 98.9 trillion Pebbles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 119,922 Pebbles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, mysterious black helicopters menace farmers to ensure compliance with straitjacketing agricultural policies, those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads, and former slave-owners hope there are no hard feelings when they apply for jobs from their erstwhile charges. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Massacia's national animal is the Nonexistent Giraffe, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Massacia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Massacia, former slave-owners hope there are no hard feelings when they apply for jobs from their erstwhile charges.
- : Following new legislation in Massacia, those who investigate UFOs tend to wake up delirious on abandoned roads.
- : Following new legislation in Massacia, mysterious black helicopters menace farmers to ensure compliance with straitjacketing agricultural policies.
- : Following new legislation in Massacia, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Following new legislation in Massacia, the logging industry is celebrating as tourists plaster Massacia with trees.
- : Massacia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Massacia ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Massacia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Massacia was endorsed by The Guy Who Got Zero Votes of Briteannia.