“Destiny From Dedication”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Democratic Republic of Matioria is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Maylen with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.02 billion Matiorians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Myrao. The average income tax rate is 85.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Matiorian economy, worth 665 trillion Maloes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is 60,396 Maloes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles distance from the National Science Park, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation', and every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Matiorian. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Matioria's national animal is the Starling, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Unitarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Matioria's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Matioria was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Matioria applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Matioria was refounded in Osiris.
- : Matioria ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Matioria was endorsed by The United Dynastic Republic of Opstan.
- : Matioria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Matioria was endorsed by The Confederacy of Zyvetskistaahn.
- : Matioria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Dabarastan.
- : Matioria was endorsed by The Colourful Land of Viridiann.
Endorsements Received: None.