“Only The Strong Survive!” Steve The Pirate
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
Location: The Invaders
|Leader||Steve The Pirate|
The Armed Republic of Matiropazan Islands is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Steve The Pirate with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, devout population of 5.413 billion Maxtopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tenochtitlan. The average income tax rate is 58.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Matiropazan Islandsian economy, worth 399 trillion Tungstens a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,892 Tungstens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Bloodthirsty zealots regularly participate in the Friday Night Stoning of Adulterers, legislators must raise their hands if they want to speak, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, and every political office comes fitted with a typewriter and an old filing cabinet. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Matiropazan Islands's national animal is the Cuban Tody, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Matiropazan Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Matiropazan Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Matiropazan Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Matiropazan Islands, every political office comes fitted with a typewriter and an old filing cabinet.
- : Matiropazan Islands was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Matiropazan Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Matiropazan Islands was endorsed by The Invasion of Rain Delay.
- : Matiropazan Islands's influence in The Invaders rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Matiropazan Islands endorsed The Invasion of Rain Delay.
- : Matiropazan Islands was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Rain Delay.