“Liberté, égalité, fraternité”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: United Forum of Nations
|Leader||Prime Minister Joseph Caruana|
The Republic of Medoynia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Prime Minister Joseph Caruana with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 4.566 billion Medoynians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Defense, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Roissy. The average income tax rate is 91.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Medoynian economy, worth 788 trillion devises a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 172,757 devises, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle, and prices for nearly everything reach all-time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Medoynia's national animal is the pharaoh, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Medoynia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Medoynia, prices for nearly everything reach all-time highs as business tax breaks are discontinued.
- : Following new legislation in Medoynia, the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle.
- : Following new legislation in Medoynia, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Following new legislation in Medoynia, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Medoynia, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Medoynia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Medoynia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Medoynia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Medoynia lodged a message on the United Forum of Nations Regional Message Board.