“In Memes We Trust” Jimbo Neutron
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Onionist Beans
The Federation of Memelandia Major is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Jimbo Neutron with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.726 billion Memelandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Administration, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Memelandus. The average income tax rate is 45.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Memelandian economy, worth 307 trillion Memes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 112,853 Memes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Becoming a missionary is a sure-fire route to martyrdom, discarded pennies litter the streets, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, and Jimbo Neutron claims to know what infants are thinking. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Memelandia Major's national animal is the cate, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Garfieldism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Memelandia Major was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Memelandia Major, Jimbo Neutron claims to know what infants are thinking.
- : Following new legislation in Memelandia Major, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Memelandia Major's influence in Onionist Beans fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Following new legislation in Memelandia Major, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Memelandia Major, becoming a missionary is a sure-fire route to martyrdom.
- : Memelandia Major was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Memelandia Major's influence in Onionist Beans rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Memelandia Major was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Memelandia Major published "The Memelandian-Catsfernian skirmishes" (Account: Military).
Endorsements Received: None.