“Forwards Towards the Guns!” Emperor Willem van Oranje
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Page
Location: The Free Nations Region
|Leader||Emperor Willem van Oranje|
The Unified Empire of Mersdon is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Willem van Oranje with an even hand, and notable for its vat-grown people, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 5.554 billion Mersidonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Benedict-on-Sea. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Mersidonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,186 trillion Blue-Guldenmarks a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 213,612 Blue-Guldenmarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
More than one company makes the board game Monopoly, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots, and politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mersdon's national animal is the chicken, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Mersidonian Saints-Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mersdon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Mersdon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Mersdon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Mersdon was endorsed by The Constitutional monarchy of Phoenician State.
- : Mersdon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 28 » Tricastinie, Decitealis, Xurisha, Grand Abaco, Literian, Narvatus, My Nation, Sulivannia, Gufand, Alphabeth, Emaha, Pathon, BBoss, Novostia, Ratakosha, Himmel Ende, Terrebasse, Galali, Lets go to Space, Chtholly, BellaJelly, Arciom, New Carthagea, Artannia, Confederacion analitica-aceleracional, Red Foxia, Arashmahshid, and Gargarian.