“We will not walk backward in life.” Wendy Wind
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Middearth is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wendy Wind with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 2.475 billion Middearthians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Riverdell. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Middearthian economy, worth 320 trillion Meas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 129,517 Meas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Middearth has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks, and nation-building is the new national pastime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Middearth's national animal is the Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Middearth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Middearth, nation-building is the new national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Middearth, the nation's only university is the School of Hard Knocks.
- : Following new legislation in Middearth, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Middearth, Middearth has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Middearth, the dish 'poisson avec poison' is only available on the black market.
- : Middearth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Middearth was endorsed by The Questionable Existence of Your Imaginary Friend.
- : Middearth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Middearth was endorsed by The Growing Dancefloor of NoDrugCrimeTown.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Treadwellia, Aflana, New Rogernomics, Hycronesia, Sombrassino, Loftegen 2, SunnyPhiladelphia, Kan Po, Aigania, Altmar, Derthal, Denado, Axixic, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, Rommanda, Capercom, Sophisica, Tiegenhof, Lazarene Ryccia, Aguaria Major, Kakatiya, The Sigometh Dynasty, Shangri-La Valley, NoDrugCrimeTown, and Your Imaginary Friend.