“For the greater good”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: New United Kingdom
|Currency||perfectly balanced golden frog|
The Peoples Tyranny of Middlemidden is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Malcolm with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.48 billion Middlemid Guardians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Perineum. The average income tax rate is 44.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Middenish economy, worth 344 trillion perfectly balanced golden frogs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,040 perfectly balanced golden frogs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
One-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, small shoes often wash up on the beach, people who make the leader's blood boil get boiled, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Middlemidden's national animal is the vacillating varmint, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Middlemidden's influence in New United Kingdom rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Middlemidden's influence in New United Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Middlemidden, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Middlemidden, people who make the leader's blood boil get boiled.
- : Middlemidden lodged a message on the New United Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Middlemidden relocated from New World Alliance to New United Kingdom.
- : Middlemidden's influence in New World Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Middlemidden, small shoes often wash up on the beach.
- : Following new legislation in Middlemidden, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Following new legislation in Middlemidden, the institution of marriage is held sacred and strictly enforced.