“Crossing” the Governor
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Queen's State of Miletown is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the Governor with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 22.953 billion Miletownians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The very strong Miletownian economy, worth a remarkable 1,066 trillion betales a year, is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 46,452 betales, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Child labor has been outlawed, Miletown has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, the Governor has just been declared ruler of Miletown in an international press conference, and none has been named as Miletown's national religion. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Miletown's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Miletown was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Miletown's influence in Senegal rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Miletown relocated from Crematoria to Senegal.
- : Miletown relocated from 0000 to Crematoria.