|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Name Change in 5-ish months of Miradya Federation is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Hitomi with an even hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 17.276 billion Miradya have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The Miradya economy, worth a remarkable 2,058 trillion Yes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 119,161 Yes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Foreign Ministry thinks an eye for an eye is a blindingly good idea, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles distance from the National Science Park, Party members are derided as class traitors, and foreign nations kill migratory animals at random in the hope that Miradya Federation will pay them to stop. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Miradya Federation's national animal is the Bengal Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Miradya Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Miradya Federation's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Miradya Federation relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Miradya Federation was refounded in Balder.
- : Miradya Federation ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Miradya Federation's influence in The North Pacific fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : Miradya Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Miradya Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Miradya Federation was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Miradya Federation was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Rebellious Youth, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Least Corrupt Governments.