“Non Ducor, Duco.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: United Forum of Nations
|Capital||Cittą di San Giovanni|
|Leader||Doge Christian Saavedra|
The Most Serene Republic of Montevento is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Doge Christian Saavedra with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.552 billion Monteventanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cittą di San Giovanni. The average income tax rate is 9.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Monteventani economy, worth 349 trillion Monteventani Florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 137,124 Monteventani Florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
In a baffling press conference Doge Christian Saavedra proudly dismantled a broken door, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks, and Doge Christian Saavedra is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Montevento's national animal is the Agouti, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is State Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Montevento, Doge Christian Saavedra is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government.
- : Montevento's influence in United Forum of Nations rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Following new legislation in Montevento, surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks.
- : Montevento lodged a message on the United Forum of Nations Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Montevento, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Montevento published "ECONOMY | Most Serene Republic of Montevento" (Account: Other).
- : Montevento was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Montevento, in a baffling press conference Doge Christian Saavedra proudly dismantled a broken door.
- : Following new legislation in Montevento, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- : Following new legislation in Montevento, everybody's got wood thanks to Doge Christian Saavedra.