“L' Union Fait La Force”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Page
The Federation of Montjoy is a small, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, free-roaming dinosaurs, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 20 million Montjoians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.8%.
The strong Montjoian economy, worth 1.10 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 55,234 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, and no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Montjoy's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Montjoy's influence in Vienna rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Montjoy's influence in Vienna rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Montjoy altered its national flag.
- : Montjoy changed its national motto to "L' Union Fait La Force".
- : Montjoy resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Montjoy relocated from Xedas to Vienna.
- : Montjoy dismissed Montjoy as Supreme Chancellor of Xedas.
- : Montjoy updated the World Factbook entry in Xedas.
- : Montjoy was endorsed by The People's Republic of Steak paul.
- : Montjoy's influence in Xedas fell from "Truckler" to "Apprentice".