“For my country the spirit will speak”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The Free Nations Region
The Federation of Montserrat Republic is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 255 million Montserrat Republicians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alessandra. The average income tax rate is 69.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Montserrat Republician economy, worth 20.1 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 78,686 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, they who do not work shall not eat, a surprising number of police officers have been arrested for Cat sacrifices, and the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Montserrat Republic's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience.
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, a surprising number of police officers have been arrested for Cat sacrifices.
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, they who do not work shall not eat.
- : Montserrat Republic was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Mapperdonia.
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Montserrat Republic changed its national capital to "Alessandra".
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, Montserrat Republic has designated Alessandra as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, the justice of Montserrat Republic is considered superior to that of other nations.
- : Following new legislation in Montserrat Republic, Maxtopian villagers starve by the time Montserrat Republician officials even file the appropriate paperwork needed to help them.
Endorsements Received: 73 » My Nation, Slaughter None, Gufand, Tricastinie, Xurisha, Narvatus, Fine Television Programming, Sulivannia, Ratakosha, Pathon, Grand Abaco, Terrarum, Emaha, South Asiania, Tigerania, Hetairaea, Jitstess, Laidir, The Aaronian Reich, Gabeopolis, Ulymein, New Collieland, Underwater Sovereignties, Doctors Orvos, Damerloodds, Novostia, Rokandia, The Nation of JH, Tylil, Sparsdan, Red Foxia, LWAZI, Phoenician State, Republic of Arstotska, Zedyeg, World Web, Tenionistland, Alitani, Syrisia, Moka Pamplemousses, Josskaland, Gono3lan, Amaryllisia, Ramokee, Brezi, Soudjourne, Edisos, Rakkene, EileanDonan, Decitealis, and 23 others.Tan Talaba, Eluthania, Alphabeth, Heinricherstein, Archargentina, Minas Motus, Joergen, Arktown Island, Saint Beth Cron Antonia, Indigoja, BellaJelly, Literian, Skaitan, Heaveria, La Montevideo, People of Nolan, BBoss, The Republic of Awesometopia, Psych the TV Show, Stmagos, OF Arian Hellas, Palmland Islands, and Mapperdonia.