“Peace through conversion... or death.” Most Supreme and Beloved of Sora
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
|Capital||Holy City of Mournsora|
|Leader||Most Supreme and Beloved of Sora|
|Faith||Eternal Mourning of Sora|
The Theocracy of Mournsora is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Most Supreme and Beloved of Sora with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, complete lack of prisons, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 12.208 billion Mournsorans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holy City of Mournsora. The average income tax rate is 68.3%.
The all-consuming Mournsoran economy, worth a remarkable 2,495 trillion Soras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 204,379 Soras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government loves seeing the little people fight, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings, and they who do not work shall not eat. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Mournsora's national animal is the Ox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Eternal Mourning of Sora.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, they who do not work shall not eat.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, the government has stated an intention to min-max its stats for 'teh pwnage'.
- : Mournsora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Mournsora was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Highest Disposable Incomes and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, the government only announces the deaths of its members when it's convenient.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, the studies of art and philosophy are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Mournsora, t-shirts displaying a photo of Most Supreme and Beloved of Sora performing the Full-Monty are selling out.