“Strength Through Freedom”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Zero
Location: Devide by Zero
The Watery Republic of Neighagra Falls is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sapphire Dream with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The devout population of 1.005 billion Neighagra Fallsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neighagra Falls. The average income tax rate is 52.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Neighagra Fallsian economy, worth 42.6 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 42,397 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sapphire Dream's family members carry literal get-out-of-jail-free cards, anti-government web sites are springing up, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, and hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neighagra Falls's national animal is the Guinea Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neighagra Falls applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Neighagra Falls relocated from West Communist Union to Devide by Zero.
- : Neighagra Falls resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Neighagra Falls's influence in West Communist Union rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Neighagra Falls relocated from Devide by Zero to West Communist Union.
- : Neighagra Falls endorsed The Trans Rights of Frenchy 70.
- : Neighagra Falls endorsed The Republic of Baedan 43.
- : Neighagra Falls was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Neighagra Falls changed its national leader to "Sapphire Dream".
- : Following new legislation in Neighagra Falls, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".