“Gratias tibi ago, Domine”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Federal Republic of Nesque is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Dempc with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 2.547 billion Nesqueans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ardem. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Nesquean economy, worth 175 trillion benedictis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,821 benedictis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas, and metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nesque's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nesque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Nesque voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Nesque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vippertooth33".
- : Nesque voted against the World Assembly Resolution " International Transportation Preclearance Act".
- : Nesque's influence in Catholic rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Nesque voted against the World Assembly Resolution "International Criminal Protocol".
- : Nesque voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Christian Democrats".
- : Nesque was endorsed by The Empire of Grande Armee.
- : Nesque was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Nesque, metal detectors have been banned after a bottle cap caused a riot at the beach.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Totern, Fredgast, Christian Democrats, Katholskur, Flomany, Auralia, Gregor Monarchy, Piojopolis, Ave Gloriana, Monolithos, QwertyL, Piaterram, Omensa, The Pilgrims in the Desert, and Grande Armee.