“By The People For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Druggist
The Republic of Neurontin is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed population of 2.061 billion Neurontinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 28.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Neurontinian economy, worth 88.4 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,884 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, military spending is on the increase, organ donation is compulsory, and foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neurontin's national animal is the bison, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Apprentice".
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Neurontin relocated from The North Pacific to The Druggist.
- : Neurontin's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Neurontin relocated from The Druggist to The North Pacific.
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Neurontin's influence in The Druggist rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".