|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Confederacy of Layem
The Democratic States of New Amria is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 2.182 billion New Amrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Penguin. The average income tax rate is 35.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Amrian economy, worth 289 trillion Ams a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 132,790 Ams, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, everybody's got wood thanks to Leader, gambling is outlawed, and New Amrians incessantly needle their doctors for relief. Crime is totally unknown. New Amria's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Amria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : New Amria endorsed The Heavenly Empire of Hualonia.
- : New Amria endorsed The United States of Basically Mini America.
- : New Amria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : New Amria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in New Amria, New Amrians incessantly needle their doctors for relief.
- : Following new legislation in New Amria, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in New Amria, everybody's got wood thanks to Leader.
- : Following new legislation in New Amria, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.
- : Following new legislation in New Amria, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.