“Nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The United Kingdom of New Baekje is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its daily referendums, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 280 million New Baekjeans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wiryeseong. The average income tax rate is 69.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming New Baekjean economy, worth 25.7 trillion Jeons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 91,861 Jeons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, bins outnumber trees in city parks, foreign despots proudly bandstand on New Baekjean airwaves, and videogames like 'Equalia: Knights of Self-Confidence' are proving inexplicably unpopular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Baekje's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, videogames like 'Equalia: Knights of Self-Confidence' are proving inexplicably unpopular.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, foreign despots proudly bandstand on New Baekjean airwaves.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : New Baekje was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, the Intelligence services are renowned for their godless ways.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments.
- : New Baekje was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in New Baekje, park rangers struggle to deal with a rash of stolen pic-a-nic baskets.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Volaworand, Upper Tyrconnel, Erinor, Qawe, Hanguk-Nippon, Omiri, Wehraboos, Dasko, Agalaesia, Land Without Shrimp, Sesteran, Churumduul, Linguiniland, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Aumeltopia, Abarri, Ariankido, Aidenfieeld, Anachronolandia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Xandev, Jehenna, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Qvait, Barabarom, The Filippinas, Grand Kingdom of Zilean Empire, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, Rabbitz, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Gecetesse, Quiescent, Paranoia, Aurcania, The Tecorogan Federation, Benstralis, Higash, West Carlisten, Annie60, and Sedunn.