“Long live the Greater Republic” Edward Thompson
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Squire
Location: The League of Conservative Nations
|Capital||New Union City|
The Greater Republic of New Gandor is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Edward Thompson with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 5.274 billion New Gandorians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Union City. The average income tax rate is 45.7%.
The frighteningly efficient New Gandorian economy, worth 865 trillion Caps a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 164,165 Caps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments, and Edward Thompson's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Gandor's national animal is the Wolverine, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Gandor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Gandor was endorsed by The Conducător of Caezar.
- : New Gandor was endorsed by The Islamic Republic of Greater Sacramento.
- : New Gandor endorsed The United Republic of Eminople.
- : New Gandor endorsed The Islamic Republic of Greater Sacramento.
- : New Gandor endorsed The Conducător of Caezar.
- : New Gandor was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : New Gandor applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in New Gandor, Edward Thompson's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in New Gandor, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments.