|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Shadows
The Ržoghachd of New King Isles is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its burgeoning Caracal population. The hard-working, democratic population of 888 million Scots are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.4%.
The thriving Scottish economy, worth 48.6 trillion Pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 54,782 Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 193,914 per year while the poor average 11,174, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, family bonding sessions are considered immoral and are banned, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more, and New King Isles has designated New King Isles City as its capital city. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. New King Isles's national animal is the Caracal.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New King Isles lodged a message on the The Shadows Regional Message Board.
- : New King Isles unsuppressed a post on the The Shadows Regional Message Board.
- : New King Isles suppressed a post on the The Shadows Regional Message Board.
- : New King Isles's influence in The Shadows rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : New King Isles changed its national motto to "Control".
- : New King Isles's influence in The Shadows rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : New King Isles changed its national nation type to "Ržoghachd".
- : New King Isles changed its national nation type to "Rioghachd".
- : New King Isles changed its national motto to "God, Justice, equality".
- : New King Isles proposed constructing embassies between The Shadows and Federation of Zabloing Realms.