“Con Clavi Con Dio” Papa Emeritus IV
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
|Leader||Papa Emeritus IV|
|Faith||Synod of Singularity|
The Ritual of New Octicarg is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Papa Emeritus IV with a fair hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.682 billion New Octicargians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Achtimont. The average income tax rate is 91.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Octicargian economy, worth 517 trillion galleons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 140,448 galleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New Octicarg recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace, gift baskets often contain working nukes, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, and they who do not work shall not eat. Crime is totally unknown. New Octicarg's national animal is the octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Synod of Singularity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Octicarg's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Octicarg's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Octicarg's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in New Octicarg, they who do not work shall not eat.
- : New Octicarg was refounded in Balder.
- : New Octicarg ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : New Octicarg was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kastonvia.
- : New Octicarg was endorsed by The Republic of Lowssen.
- : New Octicarg was endorsed by The Royal Olympian Empire of Andanavia.
- : New Octicarg was endorsed by The Holy Rainbow Ascending of Boston Castle.