“Mutatio est consequens”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Free Nations Region
The Imperial Confederation of New Volta is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 578 million New Voltans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 31.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong New Voltan economy, worth 40.8 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 70,653 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Foundling babies rarely make it off the doorsteps they are abandoned on, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, for just a few extra Credits New Voltans can get new driving records with their new cars, and New Volta's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Volta's national animal is the dove, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Volta was endorsed by The Shogunal Margraviate of Laidir.
- : New Volta was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of BBoss.
- : New Volta was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Tricastinie.
- : New Volta was endorsed by The Colony of Himmel Ende.
- : New Volta's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : New Volta was endorsed by The Grandvassal Interstelaria of Ratakosha.
- : New Volta was endorsed by The Clear Water Republic of Grand Abaco.
- : New Volta's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New Volta endorsed The Federation of Montserrat Republic.
- : New Volta endorsed The Very Blue Federation of My Nation.