|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
|Capital||Top of the Town|
The Rogue Nation of Newvaughan is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by The Overlord with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, lack of airports, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cheerful population of 11.655 billion doozers are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Top of the Town. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient doozer economy, worth a remarkable 1,734 trillion quid a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 148,841 quid, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, bins outnumber trees in city parks, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Newvaughan's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Newvaughan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, election debates consists mostly of two grey suits arguing over how to best preserve the status quo.
- : Newvaughan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, The Overlord's office has a newly installed Max-Man arcade game programmed by a 5th-grader.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all.
- : Following new legislation in Newvaughan, betting pennies on games of Go Fish is considered deviant.