“Intelligence. Rationality. Consequences.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Empire of Niradans is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Victoria Adarin with an iron fist, and renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, keen interest in outer space, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 5.239 billion Niradansians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Immortalis. The average income tax rate is 77.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Niradansian economy, worth 306 trillion Joys a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Retail, Book Publishing, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 58,544 Joys, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Jail house rock has been replaced with jail house golden oldies, the Holy Office of the Inquisition is the highest court in the land, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, and hospitals scramble for new disinfectants following a ban on rubbing alcohol. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Niradans's national animal is the Antilope, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lisfe.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Niradans, hospitals scramble for new disinfectants following a ban on rubbing alcohol.
- : Niradans's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Niradans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Niradans's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Niradans's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Niradans was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Niradans ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Niradans was endorsed by The Imperium of Vesteysia.
- : Niradans was endorsed by The Social Kingdom of The Cascadian Bioregion.
- : Niradans was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Great New Canada.