“Rule the waves!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
|Leader||The Grand Voyager Hans Thompson|
The Groß Sozialistischer Staat of Nismon is a massive, safe nation, ruled by The Grand Voyager Hans Thompson with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.564 billion Nis enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lea. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nis economy, worth 344 trillion Sandstoneses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 96,565 Sandstoneses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, the Treasury Minister takes anxiety medication every time kids lose their sports kits, ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas, and when shaking hands with foreign leaders The Grand Voyager Hans Thompson wears an armoured gauntlet. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nismon's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Protestant Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nismon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Nismon's influence in Pacifica rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Nismon's influence in Pacifica rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Nismon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Nismon's influence in Pacifica rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Nismon lodged a message on the Pacifica Regional Message Board.
- : Nismon relocated from Osiris to Pacifica.
- : Following new legislation in Nismon, when shaking hands with foreign leaders The Grand Voyager Hans Thompson wears an armoured gauntlet.
- : Following new legislation in Nismon, ancient antique swords have had their blades replaced with latex boffer LARP replicas.
- : Nismon's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".