“I Can Do What I Want”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Sprat
Location: the South Pacific
The Community of Nmaeda is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 279 million Nmaedans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Domino. The average income tax rate is 71.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Nmaedan economy, worth 17.8 trillion septims a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 63,790 septims, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-septim mansions, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one, movies depict muscle-bound women kicking down a titanium door to carry hysterical men to safety, and international tensions are high as Nmaeda threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nmaeda's national animal is the rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, international tensions are high as Nmaeda threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, movies depict muscle-bound women kicking down a titanium door to carry hysterical men to safety.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-septim mansions.
- : Nmaeda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Nmaeda, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Nmaeda endorsed The Peripherals of Paranoia.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Quiescent, Kuddles, Hanguk-Nippon, Saciu, Erinor, Qawe, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Barabarom, Upper Tyrconnel, Wehraboos, Tsunamy, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, United Federated States of Omega, Jehenna, Xandev, Anachronolandia, Imperial Duck, Freedoom, Aurcania, Tsvetania, World United, Mew Nation, Ketathinamiri Islands, Farengeto, UnShleepd, Ariankido, The Filippinas, Spearos, Solega, New Briantown, Churumduul, Sedunn, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Amerion, Concrete Slab, Qvait, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Agalaesia, Marinho Islands, Gecetesse, West Carlisten, and Paranoia.